CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

update

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments.

SIL did not respond. So that's that. Guess I'll see her at Christmas.

I really and truly do forgive her but I'm still sore and I still will never trust her with sacred information.

I do not know how she found out about the IVF, specifically. Someone - can't remember who - asked me in the last post if she possibly found out about my blog. I sure hope not.



And dear Anonymous: Any comment on an 'infertile' blog that begins by saying "maybe this sounds mean" is - you guessed it - out of place and mean. Way to blame the victim. And way to be a hypocrite, too: you're criticizing me for wanting anonymity while you responded to me behind the cloak of Anonymous. Go away.

2 comments:

..al said...

LOL...I kind of first read the comments to your previous post and was about to post a 'salute' that you actually published the 'Anonymous' comment.

I do not let Anonymous commenting on my blog, for this very reason - people think they can get away by saying anything they want.

--------


There is this quote we had to bear in Moral Science classes - Forgive and Forget.

Frankly, I can forgive, but I do not forget. If a crab bites you, you can forgive that it was done, but if you forget that crabs bite, it won't be a good thing for the future...right?

I guess there would some measure of awkwardness in your Christmas get-together because of this. All the best.

Victoria said...

Haven't read the comment, but yes, if someone starts out knowing that the comment is mean then the person intends to be mean. When I want to be mean I just become mean. There's no nice way to cover being mean.