TTC update: My genetic counsellor just called to confirm that that the recessive gene for that 'Mennonite disease' I told you all about last month does not run in my dh's family. I kinda knew this, but this was official confirmation, which is good news. She can't find my dad's medical info at Health Sciences in Winnipeg, but I don't think that that matters now.
So I don't have to go in for genetic testing if I don't want to; hopefully this means that we can speed up the process so that I can have my first injectable/IUI cycle in 4 weeks. Now I'm just waiting for Feb 28: that's when I will have my pelvic exam and other testing, dh will have his s/a, and then hopefully we'll make the plan for my inj/IUI cycle. (In the meantime, I have to get the CD3 bloodwork done, as well as the GTT.) I wonder if I will be able to start a medicated cycle in March?
In the meantime, 2 weeks away in February should get me mentally prepared for all this, I hope!
So weird about my dh...he has never said to me how he feels about the whole TTC schmozzle. In all the 5-6 years of trying to get pg, he has never expressed his opinion on the matter. The day after his dad's funeral last Saturday, we were driving his mom somewhere, and we were talking about our great-nephew (he's 3 and so amazing and adorable) and how his parents (our niece and her husband) don't really appreciate him. We were talking, too, about how another nephew (also 3 and wonderful) clung to me all week; he wouldn't even go play with his cousins. Dh suddenly burst out: It's not fair, Mom. And then the 3 of us were quiet for a bit.
Also on the weekend, dh had his cousin's fussy baby asleep in his arms, and he was all concerned that the baby wasn't overheated and that his neck was being held at a proper angle. I am praying desperately that I can give him his own child to fuss over. He'll be a kick-ass dad.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
TTC update
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 2:57 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment