CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 2, 2007

another cycle

I did ovulate, apparently, and went through an extra-long luteal phase. Finally got af on cd16. That's extraordinarily late for me, so I said to dh that maybe I had a chemical pregnancy, but who knows? I don't.

I saw the following devotional on the SoulCysters web site, and thought I should share it. I'm struggling so bad right now to keep my faith in God - I feel on the verge of giving up, and I have no one to talk to about it - so I took some comfort in these words:

DISCERNMENT OF FAITH

Faith as a grain of mustard seed...Matthew 17:20
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=mt+17:20&sr=1

We have the idea that God rewards us for our faith, it may be so in the initial stages; but we do not earn anything by faith, faithbrings us into right relationship with God and gives God Hisopportunity. God has frequently to knock the bottom board out of your experience if you are a saint in order to get you into contact with Himself. God wants you to understand that it is a life of faith, nota life of sentimental enjoyment of His blessings. Your earlier life of faith was narrow and intense, settled around a little sun-spot of experience that had as much of sense as of faith in it, full of light and sweetness; then God withdrew His conscious blessings in order toteach you to walk by faith. You are worth far more to Him now than you were in your days of conscious delight and thrilling testimony.

Faith by its very nature must be tried, and the real trial of faith is not that we find it difficult to trust God, but that God's character has to be cleared in our own minds. Faith in its actual working out has to go through spells of unsyllabled isolation. Never confound the trial of faith with the ordinary discipline of life, much that we call the trial of faith is the inevitable result ofbeing alive. Faith in the Bible is faith in God against everything that contradicts Him - I will remain true to God's character whatever He may do. "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him" - this is the most sublime utterance of faith in the whole of the Bible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I followed your link from the SC site. I've been an atheist for years, but if I hadn't already crossed over from Christianity, this struggle would've done it.

I don't know how people keep their faith under these times. How can one reconcile a god who loves with such unbearable cruelty? Whether it's infertility, a child dying of a horrible disease or accident, cancer, whatever... it's just impossible for me to understand.

Now, I suppose it might be different for me, since I went through it all. I was absolutely devout for years, and years... and slowly, gradually came to the realization that it doesn't make sense. It's illogical.

I suppose it's admirable that you are trying to keep your faith through this process... I just can't "get" it. It would be SO much more painful if I DID believe... as it is, it's horrible, but at least I don't sit here and wonder if god is punishing me for some sin, or if he doesn't think I'd be a good parent or if he's decided this is a fitting way to "test" my faith... and maybe I'm failing, so I can't have a baby. Or maybe he just doesn't hear my prayers.

Please understand... I am not trying to judge you or criticize your beliefs. Atheists are so deeply hated that I think many who would otherwise abandon the belief systems they no longer subscribe to, don't... it's very hard to say "I am an atheist" because I lose friends or people decide they'd rather not start a friendship.

But I can't say I've ever regretted that life brought me here. I feel much freer, more alive since I came to this point... I have one life to live, that's it. One shot...

Anyway... I hope you get your BFP soon. I know all too well what a struggle it is... and I have to imagine that when your also facing a crisis of faith, it's even harder, as I went through the crisis of faith myself, long before I was ttc - and it was difficult enough on its own.

Good luck....

JJ

one-hit_wonder said...

Thank you for writing to me. I didn't feel even remotely judged by you (although thanks for caring!) - rather, I understand exactly what you are saying. Thank you.