Argh, I'm so frustrated that I may be incoherent.
I'm a member of an on-line infertility message board. A while back, I posted in a section of it, saying that I miss the women who jump off of our particular Christian thread when they get pregnant ... never to be heard from again. I wasn't angry, just sad. You get to know them, you pray for them and ask them to pray for you, and then they disappear when their prayers are answered. (Not all of them leave, of course, but a good number of them do.) I want to be there for them to share in their joy, too. It's too much of a drag to only focus on the 'before' of building our families.
Anyway, I just got a severe reprimand from the person who manages the site, and the thread was deleted. I felt so hurt by this. I guess I understand admin's point of view, but I still felt censored, to be honest, especially because of the tone of her message to me (especially the "you should leave them alone because they're happy" undercurrent). I don't get what I did wrong. I don't feel as though I said anything inappropriate, especially because a lot of us on the thread felt that way, and it was nothing I hadn't said before. But now I'm here, feeling guilty because of this . . . for I don't know what. For missing my friends?
I just get tired of being dumped by girl friends; the fact that these women are on-line friends doesn't make a difference to me: I still care about them, you know?
Is there anywhere I can talk in honesty without being judged?
Sunday, February 4, 2007
Is there anyone to talk to?
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 1:24 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment